So, this is interesting…in the Elluminate session tonight with George Siemens and Stephen Downes to kick of cck09, they mentioned..
- last year (cck08) they had 2200 people sign up for this (free) open course!
- this year (cck09) they have 709
- of those, 20 actually registered/paid to take the course for credit
- and of those 709, about 54 showed up to the Elluminate kick off tonight
This makes me wonder:
- how many (of the 709) will stick it through?
- how do the 20 paying people feel about the rest of us being there?
- I wonder (of the 709) who will I connect with? and how?